Outside Sales Position
Job location: Texas / Louisiana
Job-status: Full Time / Exempt
Salary Annual (Depends on Experience)
Payroll Frequency: Weekly
Benefits Offered: We offer our employees competitive pay, excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-term disability, Employer paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401K, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, Quarterly Safety Bonus
The primary responsibility of Outside Sales is to build partnerships and business relationships with both existing and potential new customers to deliver annual sales results for target markets.
The focus for this role is to identify target accounts within designated markets, cultivate customer relationships and drive profitable new business growth. The position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by HAW.
In this position your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key accounts to achieve sales goals.
- Strategically negotiating with potential and existing customers to close sales.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Traveling within assigned sales territory to conduct face to face meetings with existing and potential customers.
- Keeping abreast of the latest industry developments by attending meetings, training workshops, and industry events.
- Monitor the market and provide ongoing intelligence on trends, competition, and new product opportunities. Identify and quantify opportunities to expand product offering into the same or adjacent markets.
- Ability to promote a strong company image, transmit a professional appearance and positive attitude towards our clients and employees throughout the organization.
- Follow all safety guidelines for a safe work environment. Report any unsafe working conditions or behaviors to the appropriate safety manager, Sales & Marketing Manager, or Human Resources.
- Report customer complaints regarding product, quality, delivery, service and follow up to ensure corrective action/resolution is achieved.
- Maintain accurate expense records for monthly reporting and manage travel and entertainment expenses according to budget.
- Attend mandatory weekly sales meeting at one of our facilities. Execute a weekly sales report maintaining accurate records of all leads, customer accounts, and sales. • Work with Accounting department to get new client accounts set up.
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by management.
Degrees Desired • High school diploma or GED.
- Degree in marketing, business administration, communications, or related field is preferred. Minimum 5 years in sales of similar product in similar market spaces preferred.
- Must pass all required pre-employment screenings – Background, MVR, Physical, Fit for duty and Drug/Alcohol screen(s)
- Be able to comply with all drug and alcohol policies of Houma Armature Works and/or customer-sponsored programs. Subject to random Drug and Alcohol screenings
- Must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends, if required
- Be available for and successfully complete all required training
- Required to operate motor vehicles in compliance with all state and federal requirements
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Frequent travel required outside the local area and overnight.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with customer focus
- Previous Technical Sales | Business Development experience
- Working knowledge of Products offered
- Organized, results-driven, ability to work with functional teams and work to deadlines
- Provide supervisor with adequate notice before making a request for time off.
- Track record of superior performance in high growth business.
- Ability to understand and sell technical products.
- High level of business acumen. Demonstrated negotiation skills, decision-making ability, and critical thinking skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds unrestricted; talk and hear.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Clearly see 20+ feet with or without corrective lenses. Have ability for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Houma Armature Works | HoumaArmature.com
Houma Armature Works is an electrical sales and service company. We are committed to providing safe and reliable service in a highly responsive manner to maximize client satisfaction. We seek the trust and cooperation of our customers, employees, and community by managing our business with integrity and skill for the benefit and profit of all.
We take professional pride in our service expertise, our attention to detail, and the delivery of a completed job as promised. Our basic purpose is to create and keep a satisfied customer. Dedication to customer satisfaction has been our principle since 1975. These beliefs have made Houma Armature Works the Gulf Coast leader in electric motor and generator repair.